The increased use of the cloud, Software as a Service (SaaS), and mobile devices and their integration with Web APIs and REST services is currently a major challenge.
REST services are based on formats such as JSON, XML and Atom Pub and are provided using hyperlinks and HTTP methods.
Our RESTful Adapter gives you an advantage in publishing these REST Services & APIs with SAP Process Integration/Orchestration to integrate SAP as well as non-SAP systems or BPMN processes.
The RESTful Adapter also supports the OpenaPI 3.0 and Swagger 2.0 API description formats for sender and receiver channels.
The advantages of the RESTful adapter
Here’s how convenient and secure our REST Adapter is.
Build the bridge between the new world of Web APIs and your existing processes. To do this, use the familiar design and configuration environment of SAP Process Integration and avoid cumbersome workarounds. This results in a fast standardized implementation, increased transparency and a lower TCO.
Publishing REST Services with the Sender Adapter
Calling REST Services with the Receiver Adapter
Core technical features:
- Native support for OpenAPI 3.0 and Swagger 2.0 as API “first” approach to publish and consume RESTful APIs
- Integration of open identity management solutions (KeyCloak, Aut0, Okta, Azure AD) with JWT and Oauth2 for
- APIs published via SAP PO
- Full-featured testing capabilities to call / build / test and publish the web APIs with an interactive console “like a web developer” (API console, WADL for published PO service)
- Supports all HTTP methods (GET/PUT/POST/PATCH/DELETE/TRACE/HEAD)
- Support all typical API authentication mechanisms (SSL/Oauth2/OAuth1, Digest, Basic, NTLM 1/2)
- First class support for imported data formats (XML / JSON conversion)
- Flexible mapping of HTTP return codes in case of errors, exceptions or reactions
- Support of typical website technologies for transition to interface automation (file upload/form & multipart posting, hyperlinks)
- Open API 2.0 (Swagger 2.0) support
Runs with SAP PI 7.1/7.11/7.3, SAP PO 7.31/7.4/7.5 and higher
- SAP certified
- Builds on SAP’s Adapter Framework with full monitoring/configuration support
Proven & Versatile Experience
Our RESTful adapter is used in many demanding customer installations and helps to successfully integrate REST APIs and SaaS providers like the Salesforce API (REST API with PATCH method and OAuth2)
- Mailchimp API (JSON / newsletter with attachments and dynamic content)
- Sharepoint -REST API with NTLMv2
- ConcurAPI (extract costs and update data / OAuth2)
- Basecamp API (access to objects for project management )
- Twilio Shortmessage API (send out short messages)
- JIRA JSON API (create / read tickets / tasks, etc.)
- LinkedIn API (oAuth1) and many others
POST, PUT and PATCH with attachments (Multi Part Request)
Pay what you use
All of our adapters are subscription licensed, which simplifies use at the project level or in limited use cases.
30 days trial
All our adapters are available for a 30-day trial period.
Verified SAP Partner
All our adapters are developed in close cooperation with SAP and our verified SAP experts.
On site or remote
We perform services both remotely and directly at your location, according to your requirements. Based on daily experience, we are happy to support you in any SAP Basis related issues. Our SAP Basis consultants are highly trained and have many years of experience.
We provide you with fast, competent and flexible support, even in the event of internal capacity constraints such as illness, vacation, increased project workload etc.